The information here is presented for educational and informational purposes. This information is my opinion, observations and conclusions. My GOAL is to educate you, explaining in detail, specific reflexology, essential oil applications, MFR or other integrative healthcare options so that you may make informed decision about your health.
I trained in:
- MFR under the direction of John F. Barnes for MFR I basic techniaues, MFR cervical & thoracic techniques, attended in a Skills Enhancement Seminar at his Therapy on the Rocks facility in Sedona AZ.
- Certified in the Ingham Method of Reflexology from the International Institute of Reflexology;
- the clinical application of essential oils - Aroma Therapy;
- in Feather Tapping under Balance Toe
- I became an ordained minister in 2002
- I have been a Reiki Master since the 1990's.
- I have acquired a significant number of hours of clinical application of each of these techniques over the years that I have been in business.
I am not a doctor. I do not diagnose, treat, or cure any dis-ease. I provide MFR, reflexology, aroma therapy, essential oils and natural health remedies, or integrated healthcare options to be used in conjunction with your choice of medical practices. I am not a massage therapist as defined by the AMTA - American Massage Therapy Association or many states. However, many customers consider MFR, aroma therapy and reflexology applications to be similar to a massage. Check the FAQ page for the differences between massage and reflexology. and MFR
I am an educated health enthusiast. When I was a small child, I had a life threatening reaction to a shot of penicillin. Over my life time I continued to have adverse, life threatening, reactions to many of the normal drugs used in everyday treatments of every day conditions. Many years ago, in the early 1980's, I took control of my health, and wellness. I became interested in WHOLISTIC, or Complimentary and Integrative healthcare options in order to maintain and support my health and fight dis-ease.
What is "dis-ease"? Early on in my training, I was introduced to the idea that dis-ease was actually a "lack of ease" within the body. This "lack of ease" could be caused by phyaicL, mental, emotional, spiritual, or any combination of these reasons. The goal of reflexology, aroma therapy, Reiki and Feather Tapping are to return the body to it's natural, healthy state - or "state of ease" which allows the body to "heal itself".
What is WHOLISTIC healthcare? It is a treatment that considers all factors, including allopathic / western remedies when treating an illness or dis-ease: taking into account all of one's physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, and social conditions during the session.
What is Alternative / Integrative health care options? These are defined or referred to as non-traditional remedies as viewed from western or allopathic treatment assessments. Previously the term "alternative" medicine was used in the US, but as many of these modalities have been used for centuries and are again gaining acceptance, the term " complimentary medicine" or "integrative healthcare" has also gained acceptance. The practice of reflexology and aroma therapy go back to at least Egyptian times.
My studies and research of various types of modalities, include Reflexology, Yoga, Time-Line Therapy, Muscle Testing, Aroma Therapy, Essential oils, Qi-gong, Iridology, color therapy, meditation, acupuncture, chiropractic, and bio-feedback just to name a few.
- - Completed the following 200 hour program:
- -- 16 hours - Phase l Workshop
- -- 16 hours - Phase ll Workshop
- -- 16 hours - Phase lll Workshop
- -- 52 hours - Home study of books, study guide and videos
- -- 100 hours documented Reflexology sessions on at least 15 people
- - The 3-4 hour certification exam on the Ingham Method® of Reflexology consists of both a written test on the theory and a practical application on an instructor.
I continue my education regularly have taken specific course in Plantar Fasciitis, a Master Class on Foot Health & conditions.
Additionally, I am a member of RAA - The Reflexology Association of America
ABMP - Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals.
FEATHER TAPPING Certificate:
MFR - Myofascial Release Certificates::
Here are a few web sites for more detailed information on essential oils: