The Spring RAA (Reflexology Association of America) magazine is out. It contains an article on Human Trafficking. PLEASE research your therapist's (massage, reflexology, etc) credentials. Then check out the schools' credentials as well. Be sure you are working with a reputable therapist. Look for indicators that the therapist & school is a member of RAA, ARCB and local associations, where available. These organizations only accept trained, credentialed Reflexologist as members. Always ask those advertising REFLEXOLOGY where they trained and what organizations they are members of to avoid being worked on by untrained & possibly exploited persons. CHECK OUT the answers! Follow this link: https://bitly/2TJXm5y for information to help you identify legitimate REFLEXOLOGY practices.
Experts estimate that upwards of ninety percent of dis-ease is stress-related. And perhaps nothing ages us faster, internally and externally, than high stress. Reflexology is an effective tool for managing this stress, which translates into:
- Decreased anxiety.
- Enhanced sleep quality.
- Greater energy.
- Improved concentration.
- Improved circulation.
- Reduced fatigue.
Reflexology can also help specifically address a number of health issues. It can:
- Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion.
- Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays.
- Ease medication dependence.
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body's natural defense system.
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- Improve the condition of the body's largest organ—the skin.
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Lessen depression and anxiety.
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Reduce post surgery adhesions and swelling.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body's natural painkiller.
- Relieve migraine pain.
RAA’s (Reflexology Association of America) Definition of Reflexology
Reflexology is a protocol of manual techniques, such as thumb and finger-walking, hook and backup and rotating-on-a-point, applied to specific reflex areas predominantly on the feet and hands. These techniques stimulate the complex neural pathways linking body systems, supporting the body’s efforts to function optimally.
The effectiveness of reflexology is recognized worldwide by various national health institutions and the public at large as a distinct complementary practice within the holistic health field. (RAA 2016)
Reflexology reduces feeling of pain, UoP(University of Portsmouth) - http://uopnews.port.ac.uk/2013/04/09/reflexology-reduces-feelings-of-pain